Requisition ID: req2237
Job Title: Cash Relief Officer
Sector: Economic Recovery & Livelihood
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The Economic Recovery and Development Technical Unit (ERD TU) is responsible for providing dynamic, innovative support to IRC’s field offices for their economic and livelihoods programming. This unit promotes best practices and ensures the IRC delivers high quality livelihoods programs.
The programming supported by the ERD TU includes cash transfer programming, which is supported by a specialized cash team consisting of Cash Technical Advisors and a Regional Cash Specialist. This team is responsible for supporting the high-quality implementation of cash programs in the field while also moving forward key components of the IRC Cash Strategy. This Strategy aims to increase the proportion of aid delivered through effective, efficient, and appropriate unconditional cash transfers through initiatives to scale-up organizational capacity and resources for the rapid implementation of cash and voucher programming across all of the IRCs’ technical areas. This Cash Programming Officer position will help support field staff to deliver high quality programs as a back stop to the Cash Technical Advisors while also performing a key role in moving forward the strategy initiatives led by the Cash Team.
The Cash Relief Officer serves as a key member of a high-functioning team of cash and market specialists. The position plays an instrumental role in the implementation of the IRC cash strategy both through providing direct support to IRC country programs in the scale up of the use of cash across the organization, as well as playing a key role in supporting the development and roll out of strategic initiatives, global tools and resources. Where providing country support, the position will work closely alongside Cash Technical Advisers to provide remote and in-country cash technical support to a portfolio of countries with large scale, newly started or complex cash programming. The role will have a particular focus on the operational set-up and streamlining aspects of cash programming, especially where cash is used across multiple outcome areas within a country program. Beyond the operational aspects of cash the Officer will provide backstopping support to country program’s business development, program monitoring, supporting capacity building and other areas designated by Cash Advisers. The position will have an integral role in the implementation of IRC’s cash strategy from a HQ perspective through engagement in global strategic initiatives through inputting into global tools and resources, providing project management for Technical Unit led grants and through supporting the ERD Senior Strategy Adviser.
* Provide targeted support to the operational aspects of cash delivery in designated countries, with a specific focus on trouble-shooting and streamlining the operational set-up of cash programs. Including but not limited to the establish and updating of Cash Relief Operating Procedures (CROPs) and other relevant guidance and procedural documents;
* Provide direct support, trainings and resource development assistance to country programs as identified and in accordance with country’s Annual Technical Support Plans and Cash Vision Statements;
* Provide support to the implementation of cash research projects in the field in countries where providing support;
* Provide a lead facilitation role in regional Cash Community of Practice (COP) groups in regions where providing cash support. Where COPs do not exist this will include initial work to carry out set-up;
* Within the Cash Team, provide digital data collection and platform management backstopping support in close coordination with the ERD technical unit Monitoring and Evaluation team. Applications and software include CommCare, Kobo and Ona.
* As provided to country’s Cash Technical Advisers, provide support to cash business development and reporting.
* Other day to day backstopping to designated countries as requested by Cash Technical Advisers.
* Contribute to the implementation of the Cash Strategy by feeding into the Strategic Initiatives carried out by the Cash Team including the development of global tools, resources and specific projects. Where necessary providing project management of initiatives.
* Assist with coordination for content development and writing of relevant, research articles, reports or other outputs as necessary;
* In concert with the Senior Strategy Advisor, support efforts required for project management and milestones of the Cash Working Group
* Other cash programming related tasks as needed.
* Assist with the writing and preparation of grants, research articles, reports, or other outputs as needed
* Working alongside other members of the Cash Team, provide coordination and project management of the development and implementation of TU-led cash proposals/projects.
Communication and knowledge Management
* Provide operational support to the ERD cash team, including team work-planning, coordinating team meetings, knowledge management and other tasks as needed;
* Support the Cash team with capacity statements, technical briefs, presentations and external materials.
Key Working Relationships:
* Position Reports to: Cash Technical Advisor
* Position directly supervises: N/A
* Indirect Reporting: Senior Technical Advisor for Emergency Cash and Livelihoods; Senior Strategy Advisor; Cash Technical Advisers
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
* Internal: Finance, Global Supply Chain, Country office management and technical coordinators, and other Technical Units
* External: Peer agencies, CaLP
Education: Undergraduate degree in social science, nutrition, food security, agriculture, logistics or related field and technical accreditation or equivalent
Work Experience: 5 years of work experience in the humanitarian or development sector with progressive management and decision-making responsibility, preferably with at least 2 years of international experience implementing humanitarian and/or development programs with cash and/or voucher components. Experience working in diverse emergency, recovery post-conflict or development contexts preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
* High degree of proven organizational and project management skills required, and experience facilitating groups of stakeholders to deliver high quality outputs according to established deadlines.
* Superior internal and external communication and coordination capabilities and capability to operate independently and as a team member. Excellent writing skills required.
* Demonstrated experience managing capacity building efforts, including coordinating and ensuring quality of training materials, and coordinating delivery of various capacity building components.
* Experience managing donor funded programs and grants, including budget management, work plans, and reporting, and providing technical input to proposal-budget development efforts.
* Knowledge of cash and/or voucher programs preferred
* Excellent inter-personal and organizational skills and motivation to drive forward best practices organization-wide
Language Skills: French and/or Arabic highly desirable
Certificates or Licenses: N/A