Leads and directs the overall technical and financial leadership and management support for the Service Center. Plans and directs project activities to ensure the Service Center complies with financial, human resources, implementation, reporting and evaluation procedures. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Responsible for daily oversight and direction of center activities;
- Coordinates the activities of the center and center staff in the following areas:
- Work in coordination with the project sponsor Department of Clinical Research (DCR)/NIAID
- Coordinate activities to support the goals of the services coordination identified above
- Communicates and interacts directly with Sponsor, executive, administrative, technical, and program management personnel, both internally and externally
- Coordinates identified needs assessments for site supply needs, and ensures staffing to coordinate program requests for supplies to include, but not limited to;
- Research laboratory equipment/supplies
- Study office supplies
- Other operations supplies, as directed
- Oversee planning and implementation of center activities, including reporting, tracking of Performance Monitoring Plan and implementation of the project work plan;
- Oversees arrangement and coordination of in-country scientific meetings, seminars and conferences, including logistical matters such as locations, times, participants, agendas and schedules
- Oversees complex domestic and international travel logistics and arrangements per established Federal Travel Regulations (FTR)
- Supervise the recruitment, hiring, and supervision of all local staff and consultants.
- Position located in Conakry, Guinea
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.