CHEF TRAINER AND ADVISOR
Are you interested in sharing your knowledge and skills in the kitchen to train others and get them into jobs? Would you like to help us in cooking a better future for marginalized communities? Then join us!
You will be part of Friends-International (FI), a leading social enterprise which works with marginalized children, youth, their families, and communities to help them become independent and productive citizens of their country.
FI created the TREE Alliance (Training Restaurants for Employment & Entrepreneurship, www.tree-alliance.org), which is a global alliance of training restaurants working to build futures for marginalized young people and adults. We are excited to welcome someone who is willing to move away from the usual chef work and who is ready to join the development of this exciting initiative. This job is perfect for someone who enjoy seeing young people learning new skills, building their self-confidence and then finally becoming independent.
What will you do?
As Chef Trainer and Advisor, you will work with the TREE Alliance team to implement international kitchen standards and provide training to hospitality staff. You will be training and offering hands-on support in busy training restaurant kitchens as well as in classroom situations. This position will be part of the following projects:
- Provision of technical support for the 6 current members of the Alliance in Cambodia, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar
- Expansion of the project to countries in Southeast Asia and beyond
You will be based in our head office in Phnom Penh together with other specialists in HR/ Finance/ Business/ Employment/ Social Work and you will spend most of your time either working directly supporting restaurant teams or in the office preparing your learning materials.
Get ready for lots of local and international travels!
Responsibilities of the Chef Trainer and Advisor will be the following:
- Provide field-based technical support to the restaurant teams
- Working with cooking teachers to create learning materials for students
- Provide international standard cooking and chef trainings
- Provide trainings on health and safety as well as general and personal hygiene
- Create new and develop existing menus as well as carry out food costing
- Work directly with Chefs and build their capacity to become great leaders in the kitchen
- You are a dynamic, independent and proactive leader in the kitchen who is passionate about training others
- You have strong working experience as a Chef (5-10 years) in an international standard kitchen
- You enjoy creative cooking with a high interest and skills in Asian cuisine
- You have excellent communication skills and training qualities
- You are passionate about working with young people and training them for a job in the food service industry
- You are patient, flexible, and have a detail-oriented nature with the ability to work in a team of various cultural backgrounds
- Your computer skills (Word, Excel) are good
- Your English (verbal and written) is fluent; Khmer or any other Asian language is a strong plus
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and experiences.
By submitting a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position together with a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Chef Trainer and Advisor.”
FI is an equal opportunity employer. The successful candidate will be selected based on merit and will be expected to comply with FI’s Child Protection Policy.
Please submit your application before 27 June, 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviewing.