VisionFund International is the financial empowerment arm of World Vision, a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. VisionFund enables impoverished households to increase their incomes and then impact communities to increase economic activity and provide the foundations for local economies to flourish by providing financial support through micro-lending, savings and insurance.
For over 17 years, VisionFund has been committed to brighter futures for children where they can experience the love of Christ, building lives free of need and full of promise. Through our work, every 60 seconds a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), VisionFund Mongolia, you will:
- Lead the MicroFinance Institution (MFI), building the organization that positively impacts the lives of many families and children through the delivery of appropriate financial services and education.
- Create a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, process, systems) that is capable of growing while managing risks. Delivering on profitability targets and core KPIs to drive business sustainability.
- Manage an effective and efficient operation, delivering to challenging financial and social performance targets Work closely with WV to develop integrated livelihoods programmes, and thereby obtain funding from the partnership and donors to grow the operations.
- Develop clear go-to-market strategies to grow the client footprint and social impact of the MFI in the country.
- Champion a strong culture of performance and productivity – to improve our ability to reach and impact more people in Mongolia, disburse more loans to those in need, and doing this amidst a competitive environment, with a close watch over all leading indicators to ensure long term performance of our MFI business.
- Implement strategies to increase digital services in the country to better serve our clients and improve our operational efficiencies.
- Manage the P&L of the MFI to enable sustained performance and deliver profitability, so that we can impact even more people in the country.
- Work very closely with the World Vision National Director and team to become the legacy of World Vision and its area projects.
- Must have at least ten years’ working experience in senior/executive management in a combination of the following: micro-enterprise lending organization, banking institution, a progressive corporate environment, international business, or management consulting organization.
- Must understand the role of micro-finance in development and change in communities and the lives of families and children.
- Must have a clear understanding of micro finance or banking operations, including credit processes, delinquency management, collections, etc.
- Strong strategic skills and abilities to project into future on marketplace opportunities.
- Meet local regulatory requirements.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Office environment: i.e typical office based and frequent travel to fields (50% travelling within the country and 50% head-office based).
- Work Authorisation – Must get a Work Permit if not a local staff from within the Country and obtain local Regulator’s approval as CEO. Must also obtain VFI approval as Board Member of MFI.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire all our employees to be gratified through their work and their contributions to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 19 APRIL 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International and VisionFund International, please visit our website: www.visionfund.org.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.