Chief Executive Officer / Managing Director
World Vision Switzerland
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our nearly 40,000 staff members working in almost 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
*All cover letters or expression of interest should be submitted in German and CVs submitted in English via the official posting on www.careers.wvi.org for consideration. Applications received via email will not be considered. The salary is competitive with the market rate and commensurate with the seniority of the appointment.
*For more information on World Vision Switzerland, please visit our website: https://www.worldvision.ch. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
As Chief Executive Officer / Managing Director of World Vision Switzerland, your responsibilities will comprise of oversight and leading a team of some 40 highly engaged employees and volunteers based in Zurich. You will lead the operational management of the organization, and the implementation of the Board of Trustees approved strategy. You will also represent the organization externally and maintain positive relations with public authorities, representatives from politics and business, as well as various associations, the media and peer organizations. You will promote cooperation with national and international active partner organizations and across the World Vision partnership.
As CEO / MD you are a highly accomplished visionary leader who combines proven business disciplines with inspirational management skills to provide exceptional guidance to the leadership staff and to oversee all areas of operations. You will work to ensure effective management of ministry in alignment with World Vision’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and global strategic directions of Our Promise 2030.
- Strategic Leadership: 25%
- Growth & Development: 25%
- Board Engagement & Internal Stakeholders: 20%
- Operations: 15%
- External Engagement: 10%
- Other: 5%
- A graduate degree (Masters preferred), with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Business, Marketing, Fundraising or related fields.
- Exceptional marketing and fundraising track record of delivery.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ successfully leading, developing, and coaching/mentoring a diverse leadership team.
- A minimum of five years’ (5) experience working with a Board, either as a member, reporting to one or developing and advising a Board.
- Must be fluent in Swiss German and English (written and verbal); knowledge of French highly desire-able.
- A heart for the poor and a deep personal commitment to World Vision’s vision, mission and core values.
- Must have a strong Christian identity and faith.
- Ability to travel frequently both regionally and internationally (up to 20%).
Is this the job for you?
This is an exceptional opportunity for a servant leader with a clear sense of calling and demonstrated track record of performance and achievement in having led and succeeded in global fast paced, complex organisations.
To apply or to download further information on the required qualifications, skills and experience for the role, please visit and apply here. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, 14 November, 2018, and all cover letters or expression of interest should be submitted in German and CVs submitted in English. The salary is competitive with the market rate and commensurate with the seniority of the appointment.
For more information on World Vision Switzerland, please visit our website: insert WVS link here https://www.worldvision.ch