Chief Executive Officer, VisionFund Rwanda
VisionFund - World Vision International
VisionFund International is Financial Empowerment from World Vision, a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Working together as part of World Vision – VisionFund enables communities to increase economic activity, access clean water, education and healthcare, benefit from improvements to nutrition, and provide the foundations for local economies to flourish. In 2017, VisionFund provided 1.47 million loans totaling more than US $836 million, while impacting 2.6 million jobs
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief Executive Officer of World Vision Rwanda, you lead the Microfinance Institution (MFI) as a Christ centered organisation that positively impacts the lives of many families and children through the delivery of appropriate financial services and training. The purpose of this position is to create a self-sustaining business with strong foundations (people, process, systems) that is capable of growing while managing risks. You will also be responsible in managing an effective and efficient operation, delivering to challenging financial and social performance targets, while working closely with World Vision Rwanda to develop integrated livelihoods programs, and thereby obtain funding from the partnership and donors to grow the operation. This role will be responsible for all regulatory issues and will lead the organisation through the process of conversion into a regulated deposit taking institution in the near future.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Management or related field.
- Must have at least five (5) years of work experience in senior management in a combination of the following: micro-enterprise lending organization, banking institution, a progressive corporate environment, international business, or economic and business development institution.
- Must have a clear understanding of the microfinance industry and technology.
- Must have experience working in a regulatory environment, preferably with a savings and deposits institution.
- Ready to comply and live in accordance with the organisation’s Ideals and Core Values.
- Office environment: typical office based and frequent travel to fields (30% traveling and 70% office based).
- Travel: 25-30% -visiting branch offices in-country. Occasional international travel.
Is this the job for you?
VisionFund is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position at www.wvi.org and apply by the closing date 12 January 2019. For more information on World Vision International and VisionFund International, please visit our website: www.visionfund.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.