Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm, is recruiting for a full-time Chief Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Officer for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Jordan. The position will be based in Amman with travel throughout the country. Only Jordanian candidates should apply.
- Conduct a project-level gender analysis at project outset to provide recommendations on GESI integration.
- Design a comprehensive GESI Strategy in coordination with headquarters staff and international experts.
- Provide GESI training to project staff and local stakeholders over the life of project.
- Lead all GESI-integration across all project components over the life of project.
- Lead the review and GESI-integration of all local grants and subcontracts.
- Design standalone GESI activities to empower women and young girls.
- Design gender-focused indicators and provide technical support on tracking and measuring indicators across the life of project.
- Serve as part of project Senior Management providing direction and guidance to all staff.
- Other duties as requested by the Chief of Party and/or Deputy Chief of Party.
- An advanced degree in economics, development, or related field.
- At least 10 years expertise in gender equality, women’s empowerment, and social inclusion.
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing and implementing new and innovative frameworks, methodology, and tools to identify and analyze barriers to inclusive growth in Jordan and the impact of these barriers on the women and other disadvantaged groups.
- At least 5 years’ experience leading multisectoral teams and working with donors and Jordanian government.
- Strong technical research, writing, and management skills in GESI and women’s empowerment.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative data collection skills.
- Previous experience integrating GESI into economic reforms in Jordan preferred.
- Previous experience in women’s economic empowerment in Jordan preferred.
- Previous experience as a lead GESI Expert on USAID-funded project in Jordan preferred.
- Previous experience with USAID or on USAID-funded project preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is mandatory.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is a women-owned and managed international development consulting firm based in Washington, DC with staff working in several countries across the world. Banyan Global operates within six practice areas: gender, health, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, and monitoring, evaluation and learning.