Chief of Party – Ethiopia FaBS
Deloitte Consulting’s Emerging Markets practice has worked with governments and donor agencies to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective economic governance and private sector growth since 1988. Deloitte has had a strong presence in Sub-Saharan Africa in recent years, engaging in over 70 projects in the region on issues that range from agriculture to capacity-building to health issues. We work side-by-side with our clients to develop and implement innovative strategies and solutions.
Deloitte Consulting, LLP seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated five-year, USAID-funded Finance and Business Services (FaBS) Project in Ethiopia. Key responsibilities include. The COP will serve as the lead technical advisor on trade policy and capacity building; manage, design, and implement technical plans and procedures to achieve program tasks and objectives. S/he will work witht the Government of Ethiopia in its strategy to implement trade policy reforms; supervise teams of short- and long-term consultants; and represent the project with stakeholders, government officials and donors.
- Master Degree in economics, business administration, marketing, or trade
- 10+ years of experience working on trade issues in Nigeria
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated experience in the use of training and information dissemination to transfer concepts and skills
- Demonstrable experience in supervising teams of short- and long-term consultants to realize knowledge transfer in the public and private sectors
- Experience working with host-country governments in areas relating to trade facilitation and export development, and promotion of agricultural products.
- English fluency required
Deloitte invites well-qualified candidates to apply. Please send electronic submissions of CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 16, 2011. No phone calls please. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.