Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded South Sudan Safe Learning Environments project to increase equitable education services for children. The project aims to strengthen the quality and management of the education system and promote stability. The chief of party may need to travel frequently throughout South Sudan. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical leadership and management
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, counterparts, and other project stakeholders
- Provide compliance oversight and quality assurance for project activities including finance and operations, grants, procurement, and budgeting
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience supervising a complex, donor-funded project in transitional and politically sensitive environments
- Experience with education programs with a focus on access to education, alternative learning programs, and rural education
- Strong intercultural communication skills, including ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to effectively manage large teams, including across multiple satellite offices
- Financial management experience, including budget and financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting) and procurement
- Experience in South Sudan preferred but not required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Oral and written English fluency required; Arabic proficiency a plus
Qualified applicants must include a cover letter highlighting relevant experience, a current curriculum vitae including all language abilities, and a list of five references with contact information. Applicants must be willing to work and travel throughout South Sudan. Applications should be sent via email toSouthSudanEducation@Chemonics.com
no later than January15, 2013.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only “South Sudan- Chief of Party”
in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/npycxjf