Chemonics seeks a chief of party for USAID’s anticipated Local Governance Project in Ukraine. The project is expected to focus on government decentralization, municipal government capacity building, and constitutional and legislative reform. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership and technical direction, ensuring compliance with USAID’s requirements and regulations and Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Liaise with USAID/Ukraine, municipal governments, and other local partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel, subcontractors, and grantees, with a focus on core results, achievement of work plans and targets, and timely implementation
- Act as the official point of contact for the project, ensuring that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in a discipline related to public administration, municipal governance/planning, law, public policy, finance, economics, or political economy required
- Ten years of experience managing and implementing local governance projects, preferably for USAID or other international donors; previous chief of party, deputy chief of party, or similar experience strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of government decentralization, local government capacity building, public administration, constitutional reform, and/or citizen participation issues; regional work experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) strongly preferred; conversant in Ukrainian and/or Russian strongly preferred
Send electronic submissions to UkraineCOP@Chemonics.com
by June 30, 2015. Please include “Chief of Party” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
In addition, please download and complete Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
and submit it separately to EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com
with only “Chief of Party: Ukraine Local Governance” in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.” Thank you for completing the form and supporting our equal employment opportunity reporting requirements.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 39 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.