Chief of Party, Long- and Short-term Advisors in Decentralization, Cambodia
The Asia Foundation, a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia is seeking qualified Chief of Party candidates and other long- and short-term advisors for an upcoming, multi-year decentralization project in Cambodia.
Candidates should be development professionals with specific sectoral expertise, including but not limited to: decentralization and local governance, service delivery, social accountability, anti-corruption, civil society development, public financial management, and media programming as well as program management, monitoring and evaluation, and finance and grants management.
Applicants should be international development professionals with a minimum of ten years of relevant experience for Chief of Party and other senior advisor positions and a minimum of five years of relevant experience for mid-level positions. For Chief of Party candidates, experience working with government and donor communities, particularly the US government, and an advanced degree in political science, international relations, or another relevant field are required.
All candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of value systems, traditions and social norms and practices of different cultures and religions. Excellent consulting skills will be required including: Communication, both oral and written, consensus building, team facilitation, all with an emphasis on results and cultural sensitivity. Knowledge or experience of the decentralization/local governance environment in Cambodia preferred. Strong oral and written communication skills in English and proficiency in Khmer required.
Chief of Party: Desirable skills include but are not limited to:
- proven technical and managerial experience and skills, preferably in Cambodia or Lower Mekong Region;
- previous experience as a Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or Team Leader;
- experience developing and managing complex projects, leading multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams, working with government counterparts, community groups, and donor partners;
- knowledge and experience of the political, economic, administrative, and socio-cultural context of decentralization/local governance, service delivery, anti-corruption, and media programming in Cambodia or a similar context;
- experience undertaking effective consultation with a wide range of sub-national and national stakeholders;
- demonstrated capabilities in high-level strategic planning, management, M&E, and leadership of projects of similar scope and above US$10 million in size, and
- experience in working effectively with senior government officials/agencies, civil society, sub-national, and national government authorities and other development partners and donors.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV by January 23, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position listed in the subject line. The Asia Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
About The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century—governance and law, economic development, women's empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. In addition, our Books for Asia and professional exchange programs are among the ways we encourage Asia's continued development as a peaceful, just, and thriving region of the world. Headquartered in San Francisco, The Asia Foundation works through a network of offices in 19 Asian countries and in Washington, DC.