NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the positon of Chief of Party for MCC’s $437 million Niger Sustainable Water and Agriculture Compact. This project will support improvements to three major constraints to economic growth and investment in Niger: lack of reliable access to water for agricultural use and livestock; lack of access to markets; and a fragmented and inefficient business regulatory system. In partnership with the Government of Niger, the MCC compact will strengthen Niger’s agricultural sector by improving water availability, infrastructure, and market access, and has the potential to benefit more than 3.9 million people. The COP should have significant leadership, management, and international development experience; a demonstrated track record in successfully managing government and private-sector relations; a commitment to real capacity-building; and experience successfully implementing inter-disciplinary development projects.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 12 years of applicable program management experience, with at least 5 years in a Team Lead or comparable role, with experience managing complex inter-disciplinary development projects, including experience managing grants or agricultural financing programs with proven successful outcomes
- Master’s degree in international development, management or a similar field
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in international best practices in program management of development programs, in particular competitive grant or loan financing and small-scale business development programs
- Strong organizational and process/project management skills
- Experience in smallholder agricultural development and/or MSME development is highly desired.
- Close-to-native-level fluency in French required and fluency in English is highly desired. Facility in local languages (Haousa, Djerma, etc.) is a bonus
- Significant experience operating in francophone West Africa and the Sahel region, with strong preference for experience in Niger.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.
About the Organization
Celebrating 100 years of supporting cooperatives that build a better world, the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the apex association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector support, advocacy and international development that helps co-ops thrive. NCBA CLUSA continues to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.