Devex is helping a USAID implementing firm identify a Chief of Party for an ongoing project based in Nigeria.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of a large-scale USAID funded project. S/he will work closely with USAID/Nigeria’s leadership team, the Program Office and technical office team leads, and other Chiefs of Party managing USAID projects. Additionally, the COP will work with national-level stakeholders from the Government of Nigeria (GON) to develop high-level partnerships with some of Nigeria’s most reputable social scientists and development professionals.
* Ensure that quality standards, schedules and deliverables for the program are met
* Ensure effective and efficient performance of staff and all aspects of the contract and overseeing all quality control and reporting
* Interact professionally with home office, senior Mission, Embassy and government officials
· Minimum of a Master’s degree in an interdisciplinary area such as: Applied International Development, Strategic Planning, Project Design And Implementation, or related field;
· Minimum 15 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects, involving leading performance evaluations, impact evaluations, and data quality assessments;
· Experience in program management of complex USAID-funded projects with budgets of $15 million or higher, strongly preferred;
· Strong multi-cultural, inter-personal and supervision skills—specifically, progressive experience in managing high-performing teams in the international development settings;
· Sectorial experience in one or more of the following subject areas: health, democracy, governance, education, agriculture development, and economic development;
· Experience in organizational capacity building or implementing knowledge management systems;
· Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
· Especially charismatic and collaborative, with professional credentials to establish close, trustful relations for pursuing earnest organizational learning with, particularly USAID/Nigeria’s American and Nigerian senior professional staff and leadership, including the Mission Director’s Office.
· Fluency in English, written and spoken.