RTI International is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated 5-year USAID/Zambia project: Evaluate for Improved Impact.•The objective of the activity is to provide assistance to the USAID/Zambia Health Office, implementing partners, local partners, and the Government of Zambia stakeholders to improve data systems and utilization.
The Chief of Party will provide leadership to the technical and program staff and she/he will manage all aspects of the program activities and deliverables ensuring the effective and efficient performance for the client. This p osition is contingent upon award and funding.
- Responsible for leading the strategic planning for the program, overall management of the project including leadership, technical, administrative, operational, and logistical management. Responsible for the day-to-day operational oversight and administration of the project.
- Ensure all project deliverables and reports are high quality, timely and in accordance with USAID guidelines, requirements, and project-specific policies, as well as Zambian polices, laws, and regulations.
- Provide technical oversight for project leads and consultants.
- Ensure close coordination with USAID and program partners and stakeholders, and the Government of Zambia. •
- Foster and maintain effective and professional relationships with USAID, MoH, other donors, and the Government of Zambia.
- Confer with USAID management on strategic issues to maximize impact and scale, minimize costs, and maximize efficiency and sustainability in achieving project requirements.
- Direct and supervise the performance and delivery of services by both international and national subcontractors. Directly supervise and mentor project staff.
- Identify issues and risks to implementation in a timely manner; recommend appropriate course corrections and solutions.
- Preferred Master•s in areas of Public Health, Information Sciences, Data Science or related areas.
- At least 10+ years of demonstrated experience managing operational, project management, and administrative duties for U.S. Government•funded projects or other internationally funded programs.•
- Prior experience working with USAID funded programs preferred.
- Proven team building and leadership skills.
- Previous working experience in Zambia and/or similar regions highly preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving, technical, managerial, and financial analysis skills and a focus on producing efficient, reliable, and cost-effective data solutions as an individual or as part of a team.
- Experience leading the development of continuous improvement, security, and best-practice processes for data systems.
- Experience with health information systems including DATUM, dhis2, ZOMIS, and others.
- Demonstrated experience effectively working with senior and local government officials.
- Previous experience with efforts to improve local government services is highly desirable.
- Reputation for professional excellence including outstanding strategic planning and management skills.
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability in meeting deadlines while producing quality products.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
About the OrganizationIDG Global Health