Chemonics seeks a chief of party for an anticipated multiyear USAID health initiative to reduce preventable deaths among vulnerable populations in Benin by increasing the use of high-impact reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health services and products delivered by the private sector. The initiative will focus on strengthening key health systems, building strategic partnerships to scale up and enhance the private sector network, and improving the quality of and access to health services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction
- Serve as the project’s key liaison with USAID, the government of Benin, activity stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Master’s degree in public health, business administration, social sciences, or a related field required
- Minimum 10 years of relevant development experience designing, implementing, and managing USAID or other donor health programs required
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in international development, business or regulatory affairs championing change and innovations, preferably including experience managing or leading health projects related to reproductive health/family planning, malaria, maternal and child health, or HIV/AIDs
- Demonstrated familiarity with supply chain management interventions preferably in the West Africa region
- Proven success in managing health systems strengthening or private sector engagement projects working at the community level
- Experience working closely with multidisciplinary teams in developing countries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate a strategic vision
- Proven track record in building capacity of local stakeholders
- Experience as chief of party on a donor project in Benin or West Africa preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in French and English required
Please submit your CV by December 14, 2017 to https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/benin_elan_cop. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.