Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated $25- to $50-million USAID New Media Activity in Ukraine. The project aims to improve Ukrainian citizens’ access to balanced, independent, and professional journalism that provides fact-based information about issues of public concern. It will work to ensure the media sector fulfills its public service oversight role and provides useful, reliable, and objective news; enhance the public’s media literacy and ability to defend their access to free information; strengthen NGOs in the interests of independent media and freedom of speech; protect the rights and safety of journalists and media organizations; and improve media laws to create a sustainable environment for investigative journalism. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction to the project
- Serve as the project’s liaison between Chemonics, USAID, government counterparts, and local partners, managing collaboration between them to create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Supervise technical and administrative staff and oversee all technical, operational, and financial activities
- Promote outreach, communication, and networking
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum seven years of professional experience in the media sector, with demonstrated expertise in investigative journalism, media literacy, media policy reform, or journalism and media outlet protection
- Minimum five years of experience as a senior-level manager of complex, multiyear, donor-supported media development projects
- Resource management, coordination, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills
- Facilitation and collaboration skills, record of working effectively with governmental and nongovernmental actors on media sector issues, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Work experience in Ukraine preferred
- Fluency in English required; proficiency in Ukrainian or Russian preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an electronic version of your CV and cover letter to UkraineMediaCOP@chemonics.com with “Chief of Party” in the subject line by December 21, 2017. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.