The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall program management, technical, strategic, and financial direction, and identifying and mitigating program risks. The COP will coordinate with key stakeholders and provide leadership to ensure that the program meets its goals and objectives, delivering measurable results. The COP will serve as the principal representative of the program to USAID, partners, and other stakeholders. S/he will bring successful experience and perspective to implement successful, evidence-based programming.
- Provide overall strategic and managerial leadership of the project in collaboration with all of the major stakeholders;
- Represent and coordinate with all sub-cooperating organizations and be the point of contact for all purposes of this project;
- Provide oversight over technical, financial, contractual, and administrative operations, including the grants under contract;
- Coordinates and is responsible for preparation and submission to USAID of program materials, including annual work plans, budgets, and required reports. Monitoring the program performance in achieving project goals and objectives;
- Ensure project compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation and AIDAR, USAID Policies and USAID/Indonesia mission orders and Implementing Partner’s notices;
- Conduct due diligence to ensure that USG funds are not diverted from their development purpose outlined in the contract and are not vulnerable to corruption, extortion or otherwise benefiting malign groups.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Advanced degree (Medical Degree, Masters or PhD) in a relevant field such as public health, public administration, business administration;
- At least 10 years of experience in working in health system strengthening, health financing and governance, as well as proven leadership and management skills experience to effectively and efficiently implement a project;
- At least 5 years of experience leading large-scale infectious disease programming, particularly TB programs;
- Demonstrated ability to advise host country officials at the ministerial level, and create and maintain effective working relationships with international and local stakeholders, NGOs, local partners, and U.S. Government agencies;
- Demonstrated ability in engaging private and non-public sectors in health implementation;
- Fluent in English and demonstrated excellent oral and written communication and representation skills;
- Knowledge of and experience working with USAID is desirable;
- Experience in Indonesia, or the South East Asia region is desirable.
About the Organization
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Position is Contingent upon Award
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.