Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated five-year, $20- to $24-million USAID Enterprise Competitiveness Program in the Kyrgyz Republic. The program aims to provide firm-level assistance to small and medium enterprises (SMEs), focusing on increasing sales and job creation in support of USAID/Kyrgyz Republic’s Development Objective 3, “accelerated growth of a diversified and equitable economy.” Specifically, the program will provide assistance tailored to particular firms to expand market-driven commercial transactions, promote innovative financial models, increase access to finance, mobilize private sector capital and resources, and improve the business enabling environment to promote SME growth. Additionally, the program will operate in close partnership with the private sector to achieve sustainable and inclusive economic growth. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall program leadership, management, and technical direction, ensuring a common vision across different components and actors
- Supervise technical and administrative staff
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, the host-country government, and local and regional partners
- Ensure all assistance provided is technically sound, appropriate, and aligned with the program’s long-term vision
- Direct implementation of the program’s strategic long-term vision
- Oversee work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Minimum 10 years of experience in managing and implementing projects focused on enterprise development and competitiveness, improvements in access to finance, or business enabling environment reform
- Experience working in Kyrgyz Republic preferred
- Demonstrated experience establishing market linkages, facilitating sales for SMEs, resolving business enabling environment issues, and addressing business financial constraints to enable firms to grow
- Strong facilitation, communication, collaboration, and leadership skills
- Experience with adaptive management approaches
- Strong personnel and resource management, coordination, decision-making, and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in Russian or Kyrgyz preferred
Please send electronic submissions to KyrgyzECPrecruit@chemonics.com by February 28, 2018. Please include “COP Kyrgyz EC Program” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.