Deloitte is seeking qualified Chief of Party candidates for the anticipated multi-year, USAID-funded Economic Security Activity in Georgia. The project will provide support to small and medium enterprises in targeted value chains to increase competitiveness and maximize trade opportunities in Georgia.
The COP will lead a large, dynamic program in Georgia, integrating the different components and driving the project towards achieving its objectives.
- Provide overall project leadership, management oversight, and technical direction
- Serve as the key liaison with USAID, government counterparts, and local partners
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel, consultants, and subcontractors, including technical implementation, finance, administration, training, and donor relations
- Design and lead technical activities and deliverables
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Lead implementation of the strategic, long-term programmatic vision of the project
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Manage risks of project implementation and implement risk mitigation techniques
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Chief of Party or Project Director experience on projects of similar size and scope ($20 million or more)
- Experience with USAID programs and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations desired
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing highly complex private sector development and economic growth-related projects in transition/developing countries
- Proven ability to represent a complex project to host government and US government representatives, other donors and civil society
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in Georgia or in Eastern Europe, Caucasus, or Central Asia preferred
To apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume and three references by e-mail to EMrecruitment@DELOITTE.com no later than April 6, 2018. Candidates must include “Georgia Economic Security COP” in the subject line. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews. For more information on Deloitte, please access our website at www.deloitte.com.
About the Organization
Deloitte is a globally recognized professional services organization with a business practice devoted to promoting economic development and poverty reduction in emerging market countries. For more than 25 years, Deloitte’s Emerging Markets practice has worked with governments, donor agencies, NGOs and private firms in over 60 countries to build the institutions, legal framework, and policies required for effective public sector management and private sector growth.