SCOPE AND PURPOSE:
NCBA CLUSA is currently recruiting a Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID agricultural development project in Georgia. The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall strategic, technical, and programmatic leadership for a project. The position implements the project with high quality in accordance with NCBA CLUSA’s international program management standards and with its technical approach and principles. S/He will ensure that NCBA CLUSA’s values, methodology and approaches are being uniformly implemented throughout the project.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Provide overall strategic, technical, and programmatic leadership;
- Leads and directs project team;
- Oversees the project budget and all project financial resources;
- Manages project communications, broad dissemination of experiences and results, including compliance with NCBA CLUSA and donor requirements;
- Serves as the formal representative to donors, alliance partners, host government and private sector stakeholders;
- Other duties as needed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Advanced degree (Masters level or higher) in relevant discipline;
- Minimum of ten years of direct relevant experience managing a multi-year program (typically USAID funded), preferably in the areas related to NCBA CLUSA’s core focus sectors: food security and agriculture, democracy and governance, natural resource management, cooperative development, integrated women and gender initiatives, and community-based health;
- Minimum of six years supervising technical and support staff in international development;
- Proven ability for strategic thinking and planning capacity to support five-to ten-year time organizational plans and trends in development initiatives;
- Expertise in Organization Development, Institutional Capacity Building, Agribusiness Management or Marketing; ability to design systems for project or design project;
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others;
- Extensive knowledge of donor rules, regulations, and processes;
- Skills in problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional and strategic level;
- Strong knowledge of regional and local political institutions, socio-economic environment and culture;
- Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Ability to travel to field sites 20% of the year.
About the Organization
Celebrating 100 years of supporting cooperatives that build a better world, the National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the apex association for cooperative businesses in the United States and an international development organization. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector support, advocacy and international development that helps co-ops thrive. NCBA CLUSA continues to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.