JOB TITLE: Chief of Party
LOCATION: Iligan City or Marawi, Philippines
SUMMARY: Relief International (RI), an international relief and development agency with cross sectoral programs bridging relief and development, is currently recruiting a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated multi-year, USAID-funded Marawi Response Program for Philippines. The program seeks to achieve broad-based economic growth and improve social cohesion in the reconstruction and rehabilitation of Marawi City.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strategic direction and overall supervision and successful implementation of the program.
- Overall development and oversight of program work plans (interim and annual) and budgets based on expected program outputs and results; tracking and performance monitoring analysis and course correction.
- Liaise and consult with USAID, acting as the main representative and principal interlocutor.
- Manage partnerships with international organizations, local contractors, government entities, and civil society organizations.
- Ensure sound administrative practices with regards to record keeping, compliance with USAID and RI regulations, communications, etc.
- Fulfill all USAID and RI reporting requirements.
- Ensure regular communication between RI Philippines Office (Field Office) and RI-HQ; this will include submitting required program reports in an agreed upon format.
- Manage recruitment of national staff and ensure that all internal administrative and HR policies and procedures are followed in accordance with established RI and USAID standard practices.
- Supervise and provide support to local and international consultants and staff hired to assist and work on the program.
- Supervise performance of sub-contractors, sub-grantees, and project team.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with all project partners and stakeholders;
- Travel within project area of Mindanoa to ensure the performance and implementation of the program.
- Fifteen or more years of experience in senior project management of USG or similar programs of $15-50m in size and scope
- Minimum 8 to 10 years’ experience managing complex peacebuilding and conflict transformation programming, leading to improved community cohesion
- Minimum 5 to 8 years’ experience managing economic growth and livelihood recovery programs including value chain development, skill building and job creation
- A master’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience managing local and international partners
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including government, community-based organizations, private sector partners, universities, and other international NGOs,
- Experience in project development
- Ability to live, work, and travel with the Philippines
- Previous experience in Asia; experience in the Philippines and Mindanao is highly preferred
- Fluent English required
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and team building ability.
- Experience must demonstrate the ability to effectively manage a large team in rural development context
- Computer literate, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel
About the Organization
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.