Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated five year, $210 million to $250 million USAID Efficiencies for Clinical HIV Outcomes (ECHO) project in Mozambique. ECHO aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity, and transmission while strengthening the capacity of the Ministry of Health to deliver high-quality HIV/AIDS services across the continuum of care. The goal of ECHO is to support the Government of Mozambique’s achievement of HIV/AIDS epidemic control and establish a sustainable, government-led HIV response by 2023 in provinces where USAID is the primary clinical support partner.
The Chief of Party is responsible for the overall planning, implementation, monitoring, and management of the performance of the contract and for the vision, strategic direction, and management of the project to achieve the objectives and expected outcomes of the project. This position is based in Beira, Mozambique.We are looking for individuals who have a passion for helping people lead healthy lives around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Liaise with USAID/Mozambique, the government of Mozambique, Ministry of Health, civil society organizations, and other local partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project progress and achievements
- Facilitate processes that bring multiple stakeholders together to engage in complex policy issues, and stimulate collective action on identified areas of concern
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate programming adjustments
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel, subcontractors, and grantees, with a focus on core results, achievement of work plan targets, and timely implementation
- Ensure all project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Serve as the official point-of-contact for the project
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Nursing, or related field. A degree in Medicine or a Doctoral Degree in a related field is preferred
- A track record of measurable success, managing high-paced, large, and challenging programs
- Demonstrated ability in monitoring and evaluating programs
- Demonstrated ability to perform at a senior policy level
- Demonstrated ability to lead, guide, and supervise teams of similar size with a similar scope of work
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Portuguese and English is required
Send resume and cover letter in electronic submissions to https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/mozambique_echo_expat by April 27, 2018. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore applicants are encouraged to apply early. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.