AECOM is preparing for a potential upcoming USAID-funded project to support ongoing local and international efforts to maintain and build stability in Burkina Faso and the broader Sahel region, including by addressing the threat posed by violent extremist organizations. The Chief of Party (COP)
serves as the program’s chief operating officer; solving problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and programmatic integrity. Working as one team with the USG Country Representative and team, the COP has a variety of responsibilities:
- Making key decisions and solving problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and programmatic integrity.
- Management, oversight, and reporting of AECOM progress and quality of performance in designing and executing program activities, including but not limited to: in-kind and cash grants under contract; commodity sourcing, procurement, and delivery; and short term technical assistance.
- Ensure that procedures are established and complied with for grant development, grant worthiness, grant implementation, management, monitoring, evaluation, and grant closing.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the M&E system at the activity and program levels and for ensuring that all programming is properly monitored and evaluated.
- Become fluent in the relevant USAID Activity Database and ensure that relevant staff use, maintain, and upload data that is consistent and complete.
- Supervise the Deputy Chief of Party.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience managing USAID programs in complex, high-speed and challenging field operations in developing countries;
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience;
- Experience with grant management, preferably in-kind and small grants that require various and simultaneous procurements of goods and services and management of providers of short-term technical assistance;
- Experience with remote management and working in a fragile or transitional state environment;
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting); and procurement;
- Experience with activity design, development, monitoring and implementation;
- Experience in with political transition, peace building, or post conflict programs preferred;
- Fluency or demonstrated working proficiency in English and French.
- Experience in Burkina Faso or the Sahel.
About the Organization
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.