Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the Forest-PLUS II project in India. The project will help the government of India and other stakeholders to manage forests in support of broad-based, inclusive, and sustainable economic growth that meets local needs and addresses global environmental challenges. The chief of party will provide overall direction to the implementation team, including managing stakeholder and partner relationships and the project’s personnel and budget. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Articulate the project’s strategic vision and goals to all project personnel
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of project deliverables and serve as the primary in-country liaison with USAID
- Work closely with the government of India counterparts and other stakeholders, advising on project activities
- Advanced degree (master’s level or equivalent) in forestry, ecology, biodiversity conservation, natural resources management, or a related field required
- Minimum 10 years of experience, including at least three years as chief of party, deputy chief of party, or similar leadership position and at least two years of professional experience in India or other Asian countries
- Experience in leading the implementation and monitoring of complex, donor-funded projects with similar budget and scope to Forest-PLUS II
- Experience in managing multistakeholder projects involving coordination with government, private sector, academia, and civil society
- Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural contexts in India, or strong experience in related forestry and natural resource management issues in South Asia
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent communication skills in English
Please submit an electronic version of your CV and cover letter to ForestPlus@chemonics.com with “Chief of Party” in the subject line by April 17, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.