AECOM is preparing for a potential upcoming USAID project in the Republic of Macedonia. The Chief of Party (COP)
serves as the chief operating officer of this type of initiative, solving problems in short time frames while ensuring operational and programmatic integrity. Working as one team with the USG Country Representative and team, the COP facilitates overall in-country relations with relevant USG institutions; provides oversight of grant and non-grant activities; supervises project staff; and ensures proper subcontracting and grant making. An ideal COP candidate should additionally have the following qualities:
- Be willing to have close, daily collaboration with USG in-country staff;
- Take programmatic and strategic direction from USG staff, but also be able to operate independently of USG or home office direction and supervision;
- Have strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Be a “hands on” manager who is actively engaged in all aspects of program management;
- Understand USG’s need for direct program communication with all program staff;
- Have demonstrated past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming ideally;
- Be flexible to potential changes in program objectives, and shifting political contingencies.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience managing USAID programs in complex, high-speed and challenging field operations in developing countries;
- Experience with grant management, preferably in-kind and small grants, preferably programs that require various and simultaneous procurements of goods and services and management of providers of short-term technical assistance;
- Experience working in developing countries is required, preferably in a fragile or transitional state environment;
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting and accounting); and procurement;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation;
- Fluency in English.
- Experience in Macedonia or other Balkan countries.
About the Organization
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.