Creative is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded project in the Philippines. The project will support the integration or return of people internally displaced by the Marawi crisis. The COP will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. The COP ensures compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant donor rules and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Program Director in the CIT Division or his/her designee.
- IDPs achieve social and economic and economic stability.
- Conditions for local government and communities in and around Marawi established to address long-term rehabilitation needs.
- Manages and is responsible for technical and financial performance of the project;
- Provides technical direction, leadership, and oversight of all administrative matters;
- Ensures technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to Creative’s policies and procedures and consistent with donor regulations;
- Develops and implements work plans for project activities;
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensures that project results are met;
- Supervises development and submission of project deliverables and provides timely and accurate reporting and briefings to Donor/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Oversees implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues; and
- Manages project team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field is required; Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience, including experience with a contractor or international NGO with demonstrated supervisory experience;
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience working on programs on local governance, peacebuilding, and/or humanitarian response programs, ideally in or conflict-affected setting;
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working on a program with a CVE component is highly desirable but not required;
- Previous experience working in Southeast Asia is strongly desired; experience working in the Philippines would be a key asset;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge establishing systems and overseeing start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out;
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting); and procurement;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation;
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming;
- Fluency in English ( both spoken and Written) is required; fluency in local languages preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Strong analytical capacity.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.