Creative Associates seeks a Chief of Party (CoP) who will be responsible for the direct management and implementation of an anticipated Stabilization and Governance project in the Middle East region. As CoP, the successful candidate will maintain oversight and delivery of the project activities and resources and manage relations with the client and Creative’s local partners and staff.
Reporting & Supervision:
The CoP will report to the Project Director at Creative headquarters. He/she will oversee all project field staff.
- Provide leadership, direction and oversight of the project;
- Oversee timely and effective delivery of the project to ensure compliance and meet program requirements, ensuring that all that technical, financial, and administrative deliverables are achieved;
- Ensure that technical, financial, and administrative activities under the project comply with the client and Creative’s policies and procedures;
- Oversee implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provide leadership in handling security-related issues;
- Manage the field project team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development, and solicits constructive staff input;
- Oversee project planning tasks, including the budget, the workplan, and programming plan, ensuring consistency between available project resources, the implementation of activities and the fulfilment of the project’s objectives in a timely fashion. This also includes oversight of periodic and ad hoc reviews of project plans and delivery, and resource usage;
- Serve as principal liaison with the client’s field representative on project planning and delivery matters; and
- Ensure that technical activities comply with the client and project policies and procedures. This includes oversight of periodic and ad hoc reviews of project systems, tools, policies and procedures.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in international development or related field;
- Minimum 10 years of progressively more responsible international, donor-funded development and management experience, including project planning, staff and financial management;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, and ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders;
- Experience of working in stabilization, governance, or countering violent extremism (CVE);
- Experience working on programs in the Middle East or in a complex conflict environment for the Department of State, USAID, the UN or other international donors;
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly respond to needs of the client and adjust programming based on changing programmatic and operating circumstances;
- Demonstrated experience in program management; able to manage diverse teams;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and identify priorities;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under pressure; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Arabic language proficiency strongly preferred.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
This is an unaccompanied post.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.