The Energy and Security Group (ESG) is looking to hire a Chief of Party for its Power Africa Uganda Electricity Supply Accelerator contract. ESG is seeking senior level professional (15+ years of experience) with strong management and technical skills to start work immediately in our Kampala, Uganda office. USAID’s Power Africa Uganda Electricity Supply Accelerator supports USAID/Uganda and Power Africa to increase electricity access and generation capacity. To apply, submit resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide overall technical leadership and administrative oversight to achieve project results
- Provide supervision, support, and direction to project- technical and administrative staff, subcontractors, and short-term consultants to ensure effective project implementation across deliverables
- Monitor project indicators, evaluate results and advise on improvements in project implementation
- Identify and mitigate project risk.
- Ensure systems are established and maintained, and resources are managed so all contract requirements for cost control, quality standards, and schedule are met.
- Report to USAID’s technical and contract personnel in accordance with USAID contractual reporting requirements.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Economics, or a related field.
- Experience as either a chief of party or operations officer for a USAID project.
- 15+ years working experience in electric power and/or renewable energy project development.
- Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience with project financial analysis, transaction advisory services, and/or utility management/operations.
- Experience working in Uganda
About the OrganizationThe Energy and Security Group, LLC (ESG) is a small, woman-owned professional services company based in Reston, Virginia and its clients include U.S. Government agencies, the United Nations, the World Bank, private foundations, multi-national companies, utilities, international development agencies, and non-governmental organizations. ESG assists clients in developing clean energy solutions for rural as well as urban application, with a focus on the application and use of renewable energy systems, technologies, and equipment to promote economic growth and energy security. ESG helps clients to increase energy access, particularly in developing countries, with a focus on serving the rural poor, productively using clean energy (e.g., in agriculture, the health sector, etc.), and creating income generation through the greater use of clean energy technologies and systems. ESG’s analysis and decision support work for the U.S. Army and other clients includes cost/benefit analysis, design and application of decision support tools, mathematical and computer modeling, life-cycle costing, policy and program evaluation, and methodology development. Analytical and technical work supports customer requirements in the areas of renewable energy, energy efficiency, strategic planning, social and economic development, energy security, logistics, programming and budgeting, cost and economics, and the sustainable use of natural resources. ESG further assists clients in expanding domestic and international markets through financing facilitation and policy improvement for achieving clean energy project development.