The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients’ return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.
QED is seeking a Chief of Party to serve on the Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Project (USAID MELP). USAID MELP will contribute to 1) ensuring that USAID’s development programs in Jordan achieve their intended results through an efficient and effective mechanism; and 2) building the institutional capacity of local MEL firms to assuming increasing management responsibility of MEL awards. The project will also provide support services for designing and conducting evaluations, monitoring performance, and applying learning and adaptive management, while ensuring sustainability through building the capacity of USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) staff, as well as local stakeholders.
The position will require experience in leading an organization, in both management and technical fields, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, strong written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Provide overall project vision, technical leadership and management, including setting up and maintaining processes that allow for high quality and on-time deliverables.
- Achieve program results efficiently, in a timely fashion and in compliance with USAID, U.S. Government policies and procedures.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Jordan COR and Contracting Officer, other USAID/Jordan staff, as well as with implementing partners and local stakeholders.
- Supervise all project staff; mentor local staff to enhance capacity and actively contribute expertise to the Contract overall and provide strategic and operational direction.
- Lead drafting of progress reports, and work planning, and oversee the operations of the contract to achieve successful implementation of activities.
- Oversee project management systems for finance and administration, logistics, human resources and strategic operation.
- Ensure objectives, outcomes and outputs of the activity are met and the completion of timely reports, evaluations, analyses, assessments, and deliverables that meet USAID quality control/assurance standards.
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the Contract.
How to Apply
- At least ten years of professional experience working with issues related to planning, design, and performance management of international development assistance programs, preferably those funded by the USG.
- At least 5 years of experience (out of 10 years) should be as a COP or senior field management experience such as Project Director, Regional Director or Country Director roles, demonstrating professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Advanced degree in a field relevant to development assistance, international affairs, political science, sociology, economics, statistics, business, public administration, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently manage a complex program, including the recruitment and supervision of long and short-term staff and consultants for work required under the contract, and to interact professionally with senior Mission, Embassy, Government of Jordan officials, and other local stakeholders and development actors.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiating skills.
- Strong understanding of multi-sectoral development theory; thorough working knowledge of USG operations, regulations, policies, procedures and programs desirable.
- Familiarity with Jordanian culture, society and the development context or that of other similar countries in the region.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is highly desirable.
To apply for this position please follow the following steps:
- Complete the online application.
- Attach your resume.
- Click on the link: Biodata AID1420-17, fill out the form, sign it, and attach/upload it to your application. You may also include other documents such as cover letter and/or a work sample.
- Submit your application, resume, completed biodata, and any additional documents.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.