DAI is seeking Chief of Party for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded disaster risk management initiative in Nepal (Nepal Tayar). The purpose of the project is to strengthen Nepal’s disaster risk management capacity in a way that is inclusive, uses best practices and technological interventions, and is adaptive to changing circumstances. The project will improve national level systems and institutions, build capacity at the municipal level, and support national and municipal level institutions to strengthen disaster response. Chief of Party will oversee technical implementation and administration of the project.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the program;
- Oversee and monitor quality of all program activities and timely delivery of deliverables to client;
- In conjunction with USAID/Nepal and DAI’s home office determine annual priorities, develop work plans, prepare annual reports and quarterly progress reports, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments;
- Oversee program administration, implementation, and financial management to ensure program implementation aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and USAID regulations
- Manage project consortium, including ensuring effective communication with all project partners, proactively identifying and resolving partnership issues and ensuring cohesion throughout project implementation;
- Lead team to provide proper coordination and guidance among local government, country-wide initiatives, community partners, NGOs and other key stakeholders;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in senior level role leading complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in the Asia region, preferably for USAID-funded projects.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in one or more of these areas: disaster risk management (including mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery), gender equality and social inclusion, resilience, decentralization of services and municipal strengthening, organizational capacity building, urban land use planning.
- Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and understanding and addressing the needs of the most vulnerable.
- Strong familiarity and experience with the political, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context in Nepal.
- Excellent communication skills in English. Nepali language skills a plus.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Please apply here: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DAINC&cws=1&rid=3624