BTCI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity. This five-year contract has the objective of ensuring that all development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical support services; evaluation of technical support services; and learning and adaptive management services. The COP will serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on methods, providing central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned. This position is contingent upon award.Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Manage the field office, including supervision of Bangladesh-based expatriate and local Bangladesh staff.
- Collaborate with home office staff to identify and nominate technical specialists/consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Conduct performance management activities in coordination with USAID partner organizations in accordance with the work plan.
- Advise and educate other partners/USAID teams/other contractors on policies and services provided by the project.
- Supervise the development, implementation, and reporting of USAID performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Ensure compliance with contract provisions, including annual work plans and other reports.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Bangladesh, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting performance management support tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Travel is essential and may include travel to fragile and conflict-affected areas. An average of 25% to 35% travel for project implementation and/or project management of business development initiatives. (Percentages may vary depending on the portfolio of projects and IBTCI business needs).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong background in project management, organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in managing similar multi-faceted projects.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff and manage large complex programs (including subcontracts and satellite offices) in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services to help clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Experience working in Bangladesh is desired.
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; monitoring and evaluation; and project design;
- At least eight (8) years of supervisory experience.
- Considerable academic credentials and experience in organizational capacity development, knowledge management as well as managing group dynamics and high-performing teams.
- Must possess experience managing similar multi-faceted projects in the past. In addition, it is essential for the COP to have the capacity to manage large complex programs (including subcontracts and satellite offices) in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Oral and written proficiency in English required. Proficiency in another language highly desired.
Master’s or management, organizational development, international development, social science, or a related field required.Working Environment
: Work is typically performed in an office environment.Physical Requirements:
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.Supervisory Responsibility:
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.Travel:
This position is based in Bangladesh and will require travel throughout the country.
No phone calls, please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.