IBTCI is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) to oversee and manage an anticipated Mission-wide M&E contract. The COP will serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on technical M&E and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) activities, providing central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned. The COP position will be full-time, based in Hanoi, for the duration of the project. The period of performance is expected to be from around early 2019 until early 2024. This position is contingent upon award.Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide overall team leadership and strategic, technical, and financial guidance on MEL support contract to USAID;
- Oversee team in design and development of all MEL systems and processes; and data collection and analysis efforts related to MEL services (e.g. baseline assessments, performance evaluations, data quality assessments, research, etc.);
- Responsible for ensuring high quality data collection and analysis, and capacity building efforts across all contract products and services;
- Responsible for ensuring the timely submission of all deliverables and products;
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID and represent project team to key stakeholders; and showcasing and presenting findings at conferences and in other international fora; and
- Provide quality control, ensuring that all assistance and work products are technically sound, include rigorous analyses, use dynamic data visualizations, are of publishable quality and meet USAID MEL policies and standards.
- Strong knowledge of monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities;
- Significant experience in Vietnam highly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation methodology, statistical analysis, research design, performance monitoring, MEL capacity building, and/or data collection and analysis;
- Familiarity with USAID monitoring approaches (performance, context and complexity-aware), and evaluation approaches (performance, outcome and impact);
- Familiarity with USAID’s Collaboration, Learning and Adaptability (CLA) model and tools;
- Significant experience managing USAID contracts and fulfilling all reporting requirements;
- Excellent analytic skills, oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and team management skills;
- Experience with programming focused on economic development, democratic governance, public services, and/or gender equality is preferred; and
- Knowledge and/or experience in using mobile technologies for data collection and GPS mapping a plus.
- A minimum of 15 years of project management experience with at least 10 years of experience in designing, implementing, and managing complex monitoring and evaluation frameworks for programs in developing countries;
- 10 or more years of experience leading evaluation teams and/or MEL contract support efforts;
- Cross-sectoral experience desirable;
- Experience leading USAID-funded projects of similar size and scope;
- Excellent leadership and communication skills; and
- Must be fluent in oral and written English; Vietnamese fluency preferred.
Master’s Degree in International Development, Global Affairs, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related fields is required.
Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
This position is based in Hanoi and will require travel throughout the country
No phone calls please. All candidates will be contacted, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.