ZemiTek seeks a Chief of Party who will be responsible for the overall strategic and operational coordination of the Innovation and Challenge programs within USAID/CDI along with its partner, the USAID Missions, Bureaus, and Independent Offices. He or she will also be responsible for providing a suite of staffing, technical assistance, and implementation capabilities to USAID that will bolster its efforts to design and implement Innovation and Challenge Funds.
Operations and Program Management
- Solicit and award sub-grants and subcontracts
- Provide budgetary and program oversight of all activities
- Provide technical and surge staffing support
- Organize and schedule interviews with selected applicants at the interview stage and organize and coordinate evaluation committees
- Provide due diligence of grant applicants and innovations
- Review and respond to applicant inquiries
- Develop draft award packages
Technical Assistance for Scaling-Up
- Provide grantees and innovators a range of acceleration and technical assistance services to address critical business, organizational, financial, and institutional challenges to bring their businesses or organizations to scale
- Offer an extensive network of customized and technically and geographically varied services depending on the individual needs of grantees
- Design and execute match-making and collaboration activities to foster partnerships for a specific grantee and/or program
Event and Travel Logistics
- Manage all pre-event and post-event logistics including event and venue support
- Travel support logistics for USAID-paid travel by grantees, presenter, and others as directed by USAID
Press and Media Support
- Develop and implement a comprehensive external engagement and communications campaign for a specific grantee, program, and/or across a portfolio of programs
- Create press and media pitches and develop press releases and other public communication materials
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Learning Support
- Provide individual grantee and/or program-specific analysis
- Design Monitoring and Evaluation approaches for programs and activities
- Oversee data collection and analysis of grantee and USAID programs
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in international affairs, public administration, public policy, or a related field
- Minimum of seven (7) years of program management experience with a US Government foreign affairs agency, international assistance organization, or non-governmental organization
- Minimum of three (3) years of overseas field experience working in one or more developing countries
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing, or supporting the development of, innovative approaches to development challenges
- Must have an active Secret Clearance
This is an opportunity for employment on a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
ZemiTek offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
ZemiTek is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization
ZemiTek, LLC is a Woman-Owned, SBA-certified 8(a) Small Disadvantage Business (SDB) based in the Washington, DC metro area. We have a strong record delivering innovative and high-quality solutions. Since 2007, ZemiTek has provided technical assistance, project management, information technology (IT), knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, training and learning development, and institutional support services.