DAI is seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded civil society strengthening project in Indonesia. The purpose of the project is to empower civil society to strengthen democratic governance in Indonesia. The initiative will focus on civil society at the local level, in particular at the district level and below, where state ideology, public service delivery, and associational life often mix in unpredictable ways. The Chief of Party will oversee technical implementation and administration of the project.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and strategic direction for the program;
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, government, private sector, and others
- Oversee and monitor quality of all program activities and timely delivery of deliverables to client;
- In conjunction with USAID/Indonesia and DAI’s home office determine annual priorities, develop work plans, prepare annual reports and quarterly progress reports, and ensure program responds to changing conditions and operating environments;
- Oversee program administration, implementation, and financial management to ensure program implementation aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and USAID regulations
- Manage project consortium, including ensuring effective communication with all project partners, proactively identifying and resolving partnership issues and ensuring cohesion throughout project implementation;
- Lead team to provide proper coordination and guidance among local government, country-wide initiatives, community partners, NGOs and other key stakeholders.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in senior level role leading complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams preferably in the Southeast Asia region and for USAID-funded projects.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in one or more of these areas: civil society organization strengthening, local governance, citizen engagement, and media.
- Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders, and fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management
- Strong familiarity and experience with the political, social, economic, and cultural context in Indonesia preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English. Indonesian language skills a plus.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.