Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Civil Society Initiative Support (CSI) activity, based in Indonesia. The activity will empower civil society to strengthen democratic governance. It will focus on local civil society, particularly at the district level and below, where state ideology, public service delivery, and associational life often mix in unpredictable ways. The chief of party will be responsible for overall project management, quality and timeliness of deliverables, programmatic impact, external representation, and coordination with USAID. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall strategic vision, leadership, and management, including developing systems-based solutions and monitoring, evaluating, and facilitating their spread
- Serve as primary liaison to USAID, relevant Indonesian government ministries and agencies, international/local institutions, and other relevant USAID-funded activities
- Supervise senior management team, technical and administrative staff, subcontracting organizations, and consultants
- Ensure project assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Oversee work planning, performance management, strategic communications, and compliance with contractual obligations
- Identify problems involving project implementation and make appropriate adjustments
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in international development, or a related advanced degree
- At least 10 years of professional experience managing complex projects in developing countries, with at least eight years of experience working on civil-society projects
- Track record of progressive responsibility with demonstrated senior-level leadership (such as chief of party) on programs of similar scale, scope, and complexity
- Demonstrated experience managing public- and private-sector partnerships, including resolving sensitive problems with high-level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior staff
- Strong strategic planning, management, teamwork, and communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English
Send CV and cover letter to IndoCSIRecruit@chemonics.com with the subject line “Chief of Party” by July 31, 2018. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.