Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Improved Disaster Risk Management project in Nepal. This anticipated five-year project will support Nepal to strengthen its capacity to manage disasters as well as to strengthen institutions in a way that is inclusive, reliant on best practices and technological interventions, and adaptive to changing circumstances. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical and managerial leadership of the project, ensuring an integrated nderstanding among different components, natural hazards, stakeholders, and geographic target areas relevant to the project
- Work collaboratively with USAID/Nepal, the government of Nepal, NGOs, the private sector, and others involved in disaster-risk management
- Supervise technical and administrative staff
- Oversee work planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communications
- Advanced degree or, in lieu of an advanced degree, a bachelor’s degree and 20 years of experience required; degree in disaster-risk management, crisis and disaster management, emergency preparedness, or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience implementing USAID-funded or other donor-funded development assistance projects in disaster preparedness and mitigation; experience managing grants under contract or experience as a chief of party preferred
- Understanding of a holistic, multi-hazard approach to disaster-risk management
- Demonstrated effectiveness leading and managing teams that can adapt based on iterative learning and changing realities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; additional fluency in Nepali advantageous
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to NepalDRMCOP@chemonics.com by July 26, 2018. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.