Join Cardno in making a difference in Kosovo. We seek talented professionals to join our team on the anticipated USAID/Kosovo Up to Youth Opportunity. The goal of the activity is to empower youth in Kosovo to promote their own development and become responsible citizens, thereby strengthening their resilience against radicalization to violence. The purpose of this Activity is to empower at-risk youth in targeted municipalities to increase civic participation and economic self-empowerment for resilient, peaceful communities. This 5-year activity is anticipated to start in December 2018.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for assuring that all assistance provided is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all organizations and individuals engaged under the project while in country. Additionally, the COP will be expected to play a leading and substantive role in developing and implementing all activities; s/he shall be the lead person for Cardno in liaising with the donor staff, institutions, and client country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
The COP should have strategic vision, leadership qualities, technical expertise, professional reputation, management experience, and interpersonal skills to fulfill the diverse managerial requirements of the project. The COP will manage the technical teams, ensuring coordination of goals and efforts across the entire project effort.
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of Cardno professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we lift people out of poverty by improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of work experience in working with youth in workforce development, preventing/countering violent extremism, private sector led growth in transition and developing countries;
- At least one previous role as chief of party/team leader experience necessary
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage a diverse team of employees
- Able to establish successful collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including private sector, government, local organizations, other donors, and media
- Prior experience with donor projects required; USAID experience is preferred
- Excellent written oral and communications skills
- Prior experience in the region, specifically Kosovo preferred
- Master’s or PhD in relevant subject area is strongly preferred
- Fluency in English required, Albanian a plus
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.