Kosovar Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Chief of Party to support an anticipated bid in Kosovo: Up to Youth opportunity. This is a full-time position.
Responsible for overall project leadership, management, technical direction, oversight, and quality, and maintaining relationships with USAID and stakeholders. Requires experience in senior-level program management with USAID or other donors.
- Relevant degree in a related field;
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development;
- Experience supervising teams of diverse staff and demonstrated leadership capacity;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Previous experience working in Kosovo and/or the Balkans is highly desired;
- Experience working effectively with government officials, non-government partners, and USAID and/or other donors;
- In-depth knowledge of local factors (“drivers”) that may influence radicalization to violence
- Prior experience working on programs on preventing youth violent extremism, peacebuilding, conflict mitigation/management, and/or youth development programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Prior experience working in official languages in Kosovo (Albanian and Serbian); strongly preferred.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org