AECOM seeks a chief of party for the anticipated five-year, $96 million, USAID Airport Export Processing Zones and Air Cargo for Export Promotion (APEZ) activity. The primary objective of this activity is to support export facilitation that will lead to increased income for Afghan exporters and generate new jobs. This will be accomplished by improving air cargo facilities for the Aghan private sector, supporting the Government of Afghanistan to create policy and frameworks that promote growth in accordance with WTO and other international standards, implementing reforms and anti-corruption measures in customs, and strengthening Afghan transport and logistics sector.
- Provide overall project leadership through strategic planning, management, and technical implementation
- In collaboration with the project team, design and make operational an annual work plan formulating annual project activities, deliverables, and budget needs in accordance with the USAID annual planning cycle; assure timely disbursement of funds
- Provide overall technical oversight and supervision of employees and consultants; review and edit reports and deliverables compiled by project staff and short-term consultants before submission to the USAID contracting officer’s representative
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID and the Afghanistan government
- Coordinate efforts on data collection, monitoring, report generation, and evaluation
- Master’s degree in business administration, export development, trade facilitation, or related field
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international trade/economic development, preferably in export promotion or trade facilitation, with at least five years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership as a COP or Team leader on donor funded trade program
- Experience with USAID highly desired or other similar donor programs, preferably interacting directly with the donor on programmatic, strategic communications, and contractual issues
- Experience in post conflict/transitional countries preferred
- Experience in Afghanistan
About the Organization
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.