CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS clients include U.S. government agencies and multilateral and private organizations. Our core practice areas include public health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance, and medical research.
CAMRIS seeks a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID’s Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity program. The Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) Activity will be a central platform for ensuring that development activities funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on the monitoring of technical services; evaluation of technical services; and learning and adaptive management services.
The Chief of Party (COP) will serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on methods, providing central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned.
Illustrative responsibilities may include the following:
* Manage the field office, including supervision of Bangladesh-based expatriate and Bangladesh staff.
* Work with home office staff to identify and nominate technical specialists/consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
* Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Bangladesh, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting performance management support tasks in accordance with the work plan.
* Advise and educate other partners/USAID teams/other Contractors on policies and services as directed by the Mission.
* Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
* Assure compliance with contract provisions, including Annual Work Plans and other reports.
* A Master’s or higher degree is preferred in management, organizational development, international development, social science, or a related field.
* At least fifteen (15) years of experience is preferred in the followig areas: public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferrably in developing countries;
* Must have a strong background in project management and organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation to provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation support.
* Considerable academic credentials and experience in organizational capacity development, knowledge management as well as managing group dynamics and high performing teams.
* Must possess experience managing similar multifaceted projects in the past. In addition, it is essential for the COP to have the capacity to manage large complex projects/activities (including subcontracts and satellite offices) in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
* Must possess demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
* Must have at least eight (8) years of supervisory experience.
* Fluency in English required.
* Experience working in Bangladesh and/or South Asia is desired.
About the OrganizationCAMRIS is known throughout the U.S. for its leading edge services to support our national programs and particularly for serving our Veterans. CAMRIS is also known worldwide for excellence serving client programs to improve economic, social, political, and health conditions of people in all parts of the world.
For 45 years, since our first contact with USAID in 1963 and with work in every year since, our most important partner in the international sphere has been the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”). In fact, CAMRIS has worked with USAID in each year since its founding. Before USAID we assisted its predecessor organizations dating back to the Kennedy Administration in 1961, to address humanitarian needs and to counter instability posed by underdevelopment.
To date CAMRIS has carried out assignments for USAID in 50 countries in all regions and in many technical areas. Today CAMRIS continues this proud tradition as it works on significant USAID assignments in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our current work includes technical assistance to support major USAID-funded initiatives in the areas of Global Health, Democracy and Governance, Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation, and active assignments including several global initiatives and our present work in 24 countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
ABOUT CAMRIS INTERNATIONAL
CAMRIS is an International Development Consulting Firm working within the public and private sectors to advance the human and institutional capacities of organizations and communities worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
We apply a combination of proven interdisciplinary, scientific and management approaches to identify, develop and implement the most effective solutions in support of our clients' program goals.
We do this most often in the areas of international development and global health, and selectively in additional areas where our cross-cutting capabilities are well suited to meet the needs of our clients.
We operate in all regions of the world, often in very challenging or austere conditions. At all times our focus is on evidence-based effectiveness, quality, reliability, and sustainability.
We successfully completed initiatives in nearly 80 countries to date.
* Short-Term and Long-Term Technical Assistance
* Program Management Services
* Institutional Support
* Research and Analytic Support
CORE PRACTICE AREAS
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Capacity Building
* Project Design
* Knowledge Management
* Adaptive Technologies
* Democracy and Governance
* Infectious Diseases
CAMRIS has grown rapidly over the last 5 years to a peak of 200 staff, complemented by highly experienced consultants and collaborating partners and universities.
CAMRIS is headquartered in Bethesda, MD in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with remote offices, operations and worksites in various locations in the U.S. and overseas.