Anticipated Program Role: The COP will serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on methods, providing central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned. Illustrative responsibilities may include the following:
- Manage the field office, including supervision of Bangladesh-based expatriate andBangladesh staff.
- Work with home office staff to identify and nominate technical specialists/consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Bangladesh, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting performance management support tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Advise and educate other partners/USAID teams/other Contractors on policies and servicesas directed by the Mission.
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including Annual Work Plans and other reports.
Experience Requirements: at least fifteen (15) years of experience is preferred in public or
private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; monitoring and evaluation; and project design. Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills. The individual must have at least eight (8) years of supervisory experience. Fluency in English required. Experience working in Bangladesh and/or South Asia is desired.
Specialized Knowledge/Skill: Must have a strong background in project management and organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation to provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation support. Considerable academic credentials and experience in organizational capacity development, knowledge management as well as managing group dynamics and high- performing teams. The Chief of Party (COP) must possess experience managing similar multi- faceted projects in the past. In addition, it is essential for the COP to have the capacity to manage large complex projects/activities (including subcontracts and satellite offices) in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
Education Requirements: a Master’s or higher degree is preferred in management, organizational development, international development, social science, or a related field.relations or related field, or other fields closely related to international development.
About the Organization
OPTIMAL is a leading non-partisan public policy research firm that conducts studies and provides technical assistance on health care, education, welfare, housing, community development, and related subjects. Our mission is to provide policy makers with rigorous and timely studies that enable our clients (including federal, state, and local government agencies, as well as private foundations) to improve public well-being. Optimal is located in College Park, Maryland, approximately 10 miles from Washington, DC. For more information see www.OptimalSolutionsGroup.com.