Blumont is seeking Chief of Party candidates for the upcoming USAID-funded Up to Youth program. This five-year program will empower youth in Kosovo to promote their own development and become responsible citizens, thereby strengthening their resilience against radicalization to violence. The program will work with at-risk youth in targeted municipalities in Kosovo to increase civic participation and economic self-empowerment for resilience, peaceful communities.
The Chief of Party will manage the program, providing technical direction and overall leadership. The COP will be the Up to Youth senior supervisor and ultimately responsible for meeting all program deliverables. S/he and will provide strategic guidance and leadership related to the planning, management and implementation of the Up to Youth and will oversee all aspects of program performance, both technical and managerial. The COP will play a leading role in developing and implementing activities and will be the lead point of contact in-country for building and managing relationships with USAID staff, institutions, and Kosovo partners.
This position is pending award through USAID.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides strategic direction and leadership to ensure all project goals and objectives meet Blumont’s and USAID’s standards and objectives;
- Ensures implementation of targeted strategies to respond to stabilization priorities as identified by key stakeholders;
- Facilitates collaborative partnerships between government, community, donor, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Ensures that all policies and practices instituted are compliant with USAID’s performance monitoring, policy and compliance programming requirements set forth in the USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) and other rules and regulations;
- Ensures the strategy for capacity building of national staff to achieve project quality and to build sustainable national technical, administrative and management talent;
- Manages and leads staff, consultants and contractors to ensure efficient and timely implementation of project;
- Provides policy guidance, training and ongoing guidance to each of the Office staff members;
- Conducts the project needs assessment for project implementation according to the contract;
- Ensures the timeliness, cost and quality of all activities performed under the project;
- Liaises with USAID, regional and central authorities, other development organizations involved in similar assistance programs in the region, and local communities to ensure support, coordination and satisfaction;
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports to Blumont HQ;
- Prepares quarterly and/or semiannual reports according to contract requirements;
- Identifies new projects and makes recommendations as needed;
- Prepares annual work plan and budget that identify key objectives, responsible staff, deliverables and potential roadblocks; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university is required. A degree in a field relevant to the position is highly desirable.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience supervising complex, high-speed and challenging programs.
- At least 8 years of experience working on technical assistance and support services to USG and community beneficiaries.
- At least 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience managing staff.
- Minimum of seven years’ experience working with youth, particularly in areas of workforce development, private sector growth, and/or preventing violent extremism.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in policy analysis and dialogue with host country governments.
- Experience directly collaborating with host country government representatives.
- Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communications skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of project development, grant administration and management procedures as well as a mastery of the principles, methods, practices, and operational procedures of a variety of successful private business enterprises, NGOs or development programs.
- Demonstrated experience in service provision and economic development contracts or grants.
- Demonstrated understanding of regional geopolitical issues and nuances.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage challenging projects involving both public and private sector stakeholders, particularly in Kosovo.
- Master’s degree or PhD.
- Prior experience in USAID funded contracts.
- Experience training staff.
- Experience in Kosovo preferred.
- Albanian language skills preferred.
- Must be innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs and practices of project beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership.
- Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skill sets and work styles.
- High motivation, initiative, and adaptability.
- This position will be based in Pristina, with the anticipation of travel up to 30% of the time.
- Normal Office Conditions.
Blumont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, Teach America and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Blumont, a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization, focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. Blumont specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. Blumont works in collaboration with a wide range of organizations in the design and implementation of humanitarian relief and development aid programs, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, bilateral and international donor organizations, international finance organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, international and local NGOs, and U.S. corporations. Blumont's mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. We accomplish our mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups