Chemonics seeks a Beirut-based chief of party for the $90 million, five-year USAID-funded Lebanon Improving Public Education Outcomes (IPEO) project, a cooperative agreement. IPEO seeks to improve reading, writing, and social and emotional learning for all students in public primary schools throughout Lebanon by addressing teacher training, materials development, community engagement, psychosocial support to students, capacity building with Center for Educational Research and Development (CERD) and Ministry of Education and Higher Education (MEHE), and the setting of a learning agenda. IPEO will work closely with local partners to implement a Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting model focused on flexible management, conflict-sensitive approaches, and data-driven decision-making. IPEO will work with Lebanese and Syrian refugee children in Grades 1 to 6. We are seeking candidates who demonstrate leadership, versatility, integrity, entrepreneurship, and commitment to Chemonics’ mission, values, and code of conduct. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction
- Oversee planning, performance management, financial management, and budgeting
- Guide the project’s overall strategic vision
- Build strong relationships with government agencies, especially MEHE and CERD
- Serve as the project’s primary point of contact to USAID/Lebanon, international/regional partners, and host-country officials
- Work with government counterparts in defining project activities and targets to ensure close collaboration
- Adhere to all USAID regulations and Chemonics policies and procedures; ensure compliance
- Supervise staff and navigate sensitive issues in a multicultural environment
- Advanced degree focused on international development, education, public administration or another related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing activities similar to IPEO
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing complex international-donor funded development activities in challenging environments
- Demonstrated effective organizational development, partnership-building, managerial, team-building, and communications skills
- Proven ability to coordinate with key stakeholders such as CERD, MEHE, and NGOs
- Familiarity with USAID regulations
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficiency in Arabic and/or French preferred
Please send an electronic version of your CV and a 1-page cover letter to lebanonIPEO@chemonics.com by August 16, 2018. Please include “Chief of Party” in the subject line. We are reviewing CVs on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. We will contact finalists.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.