Position Type: Full-Time (based on contract award)
Work Location: Bangladesh
ME&A is recruiting a Chief of Party for the USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) contract. The purpose of BMEL will be to serve as a central platform for ensuring that development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical services; evaluation of technical services; and learning and adaptive management services. The Chief of Party will serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on methods, providing central oversight, and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned.
- Manage the field office, including supervision of Bangladesh-based expatriate and Bangladesh staff.
- Work with home office staff to identify and nominate technical specialists/consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Bangladesh, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting performance management support tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Advise and educate other partners/USAID teams/other Contractors on policies and services as directed by the Mission.
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including Annual Work Plans and other reports.
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience is preferred in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; monitoring and evaluation; and project design.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- The individual must have at least eight (8) years of supervisory experience.
- Fluency in English required.
- Experience working in Bangladesh and/or South Asia is desired.
- Must have a strong background in project management and organizational development, and monitoring and evaluation to provide comprehensive monitoring and evaluation support.
- Considerable academic credentials and experience in organizational capacity development, knowledge management as well as managing group dynamics and high-performing teams.
- The Chief of Party (COP) must possess experience managing similar multifaceted projects in the past.
- It is essential for the COP to have the capacity to manage large complex projects/activities (including subcontracts and satellite offices) in a multi-cultural environment and in providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- A Master’s or higher degree is preferred in management, organizational development, international development, social science, or a related field.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.