Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Sindh Enabling Environment activity in Pakistan. The project will engage with the private sector and government of Sindh to develop policy reforms in support of agribusiness development. The activity aims to strengthen institutional capacity building for sustainable policymaking beyond the life of the project. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership through strategic planning, management, and technical implementation
- Oversee implementation of all project activities, contracts, monitoring and evaluation, program budgeting, and grants
- Provide technical leadership of multiple activities involving public-private partnerships, institutional capacity building, trade and investment, gender integration, and enterprise development
- Build consensus and cooperation among diverse teams, partners, and public and private sector stakeholders to achieve project goals
- Design and develop private investment strategies
- Serve as the IDIQ manager for Pakistan Policy and Performance Support Mechanism
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, agriculture, economics, finance, or a similar field required; advanced degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of senior-level or related relevant experience designing and managing donor-funded projects; experience in Pakistan strongly preferred
- Experience working in Pakistan, especially with the government of Sindh, strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work and collaborate with diverse teams, host-country government officials, international donors, and private sector stakeholders
- Prior experience in agriculture sector; knowledge of the Sindh agriculture sector preferred
- Proven success managing complex USAID projects with diverse staff
- Previous success leveraging public-private partnerships for development goals
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Proficient English required; proficient Urdu strongly preferred
Please email your CV and cover letter to PakistanSEEA@chemonics.com by August 29, 2018 with “Chief of Party” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.