The USAID Public Financial Management II IDIQ will be releasing a task order (TO) in Laos. The Laos Business Environment TO will strengthen the business environment in Laos, with a specific focus on enabling broad-base, inclusive growth. The TO will have three components: Competitiveness of SMEs Improved; Public-Private Sector Collaboration More Inclusive; More Effective Facilitation of Market Economy.
The Chief of Party (COP), will be based in Laos and will lead the Program Management Team. The COP will provide overall management, strategic direction, and financial oversight to the project. The COP will report to and work closely with the home office Program Manager to make sure that the program operations are integrated effectively between the field and home based offices.
- Responsible for leading all aspects of contract performance;
- Provides technical guidance to all tasks under the contract;
- Represents the Contractor’s activities as a whole to outside audiences;
- Leads strategic planning for the program, including quarterly and annual work plans;
- Ensures close coordination with USAID COR and program partners in the GOE, private sector, NGOs, business associations, technical schools, and donor communities; ensures close collaboration and teamwork across the three components to ensure complementarity;
- Works closely with the home office staff to ensure activities are getting done in effectively, in timely manner and within budget;
- Oversees day-to-day operational oversight and administration of the program.
- A senior professional with at least five (5) year of prior experience as a chief of party or lead project manager in managing like programs in a developing country context
- 10 or more years with outstanding strategic planning and management skills
- Advanced degree in a related field
- experience managing large-scale USAID funded economic development and/or governance projects; showing a strong working knowledge of development and foreign aid, with emphasis on the role and priorities of USAID
- Possess outstanding strategic planning and management skills;
- Extensive technical expertise in strengthening entrepreneurship and MSME development and demonstrated ability to achieve results;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, as well as fluency in English;
- Possess strong teamwork and effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrate ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff.
- Experience in Laos or other Southeast Asian Countries.
- Experience in economic development, Good governance, capacity and association building, economic restructuring.
About the Organization
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.