DAI seeks Chief of Party for the anticipated Enterprises, Employment, and Enabling Environments (E4) program in Central Asia. The goal of this project will be to increase employment and incomes through improved private sector competitiveness, expanded competitive trade, and markets. An activity under this program called Future Growth Initiative (FGI) will forge into new sectors such as information technologies and other that offer high potential for jobs and incomes.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
· Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction of the program to achieve excellence
· Articulate the vision, integrated strategy and objectives to team, USAID partners, and key stakeholders
· Submit timely, high quality project deliverables to USAID and DAI
· Ensure adherence to all USAID protocols and procedures
· Build the capacity of local staff in both technical and managerial skills.
· An advanced degree in international development, economics, business administration, international relations, or a similar relevant field preferred
· 10 years of private and/or publicsector development experience with a focus on one or more of these areas: competitiveness, SME Development, workforce development, macroeconomic policy, or business enabling environment
· Experience in Central Asia preferred or other Former Soviet Union countries
· 8 years of relevant experience on USAID or donor funded projects
· Demonstrated supervisory skills with 6 years of experience in direct project management of large and complex donor-funded projects and proven ability to oversee multiple activities simultaneously in multiple locations
· Demonstrated progressive experience working with development agencies and organizations, high-level national, state and local government officials, private sector
· English fluency required; Russian language skill strongly preferred.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.