Creative Associates International is accepting applications for Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Youth Activity project in the Philippines. This activity will work with the Government of the Philippines to support improved basic education and life skills for vulnerable youth. The Chief of Party provides overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the project and is responsible for achieving project goals and objectives in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Chief of Party reports to the Project Director based in Headquarters and supervises several project staff.
- Manage program performance and lead program activities in coordination with stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Manage technical and administrative staff.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction across technical and administrative areas.
- Coordinate with USAID, other stakeholders and implementing partners.
- Provide overall strategic direction for the project across all functional areas such as technical approach, monitoring and evaluation, finance, and operations;
- Oversee project management and implementation to ensure stated goals, objectives, and deliverables are met;
- Ensure integration of project components through effective work planning and budgeting, project management, and monitoring and evaluation;
- Ensure all activities conform to project requirements, including cost, schedule, and quality.
- Coordinate project activities among various stakeholders including DepEd, regional education offices, the business community, civil society, and other partners;
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID/Philippines on management and technical matters;
- Serve as the program’s primary interlocutor with the Government of the Philippines;
- Represent Creative Associates International, USAID and the project with key stakeholders and beneficiaries at public events;
- Manage technical and administrative staff, as well as implementing partners in support of project outcomes; and
- Maintain close coordination with the home office, providing regular updates on the project’s progress and direction.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 12 years of experience in relevant senior management roles working with education and youth programs in developing countries;
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded projects and strong knowledge of USAID regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to work in complex political environments;
- Experience working closely with senior-level, host country government officials;
- Demonstrated experience working on improving literacy, life and employability skills; strengthening local capacity to deliver education and training service delivery; and strengthening youth leadership and engagement;
- At least five (5) years of experience working in Southeast Asia required, preferably in the Philippines.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context and manage diverse teams;
- Master’s degree in education, business, project management, or related field; and
- Oral and written proficiency in English; fluency or proficiency in Filipino desired.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.