Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart International, please visit our website at www.counterpart.org
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Chief of Party to support the anticipated USAID Strengthening organizational capacity of local Civil Society Organizations in Timor-Leste. This activity will be a multi-year $4-$10 million program to build a foundation for a solid civil society sector in Timor-Leste by providing organizational development and funding for CSO programs.
The COP will be responsible for overall project leadership, management, technical direction and vision, oversight, quality and compliance, and maintaining relationships with USAID and stakeholders. The COP will be responsible for ensuring the timely submission and quality of all project deliverables. This position requires senior-level program management experience with USAID or other donors.
- Advanced degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Political Science, Governance and Civil Society and/or other related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development; Minimum of three years working on civic social strengthening programs, preferably in Timor-Leste or Southeast Asia.
- Experience supervising teams of diverse staff and demonstrated leadership capacity and motivational skills;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Demonstrated program management and organizational skills in managing, implementing, and monitoring effective program budgets, finances, and personnel of projects of a similar scale and scope;
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing development projects focused on public policy reform and civil society strengthening, preferably in Timor-Leste or Southeast Asia;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with the social, political, economic and cultural context of Timor-Leste;
- Demonstrated experience working with and building the capacity of marginalized groups, to include women and youth;
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with senior government representatives at the local, municipal, and national level, local and national civil society actors, donors, USAID representatives, other implementing agencies, and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deliver quality outputs;
- Experience with adaptive management approaches preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required;
- Professional proficiency in Portuguese, Bahasa Indonesian, or Tetum ideal.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.