Creative Associates seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the direct management and implementation of USAID-funded Jordan Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) Activity. The COP will be responsible for overall project management, quality and timeliness of deliverables, external representation, and coordination with USAID COR. S/he will be responsible for establishing offices in Jordan, recruiting core staff, and managing a network of qualified professionals to serve as short term technical advisors. The Chief of Party will provide strategic vision for managing program activities and will ensure the quality of work and compliance with contractual obligations and results and will be responsible for the quality and performance of work that is sub-contracted to other partners.
Reporting & Supervision:
The COP will report to the Project Director at Creative headquarter. S/he will oversee the Deputy Chief of Party.
- The COP provides overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the project;
- Serves as the primary liaison with USAID on management and technical matters;
- Supervises activitiy implementation and ensures the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements;
- Takes a leadership role in coordination among USAID, key stakeholders and other implementing partners; and
- Interacts with numerous government institutions and senior-level government and private sector leaders.
- Manages and is responsible for technical and financial performance of the project;
- Provides technical direction, leadership, and oversight of all administrative matters;
- Ensures technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to Creative’s policies and procedures and consistent with client’s regulations;
- Develops and implements work plans for project activities; and
- Manages project team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in relevant field such as business, economics, law, women’s studies, social behavior change, international development, or other relevant or equivalent field is preferred;
- Minimum 10 years of international development experience required in economic growth, women’s empowerment, and inclusion with substantial experience working with the private sector;
- Minimum of three years working on Jordan (preferred) or the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) programs for USAID, Department of State, the UN or other international donors;
- Experience living and working in the MENA region;
- Demonstrated experience in managing private sector programs of similar scale and complexity;
- Excellent cross-cultural skills and ability to develop relationships with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience required in leading teams and/or managing an office with a diverse staff;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Arabic language proficiency strongly preferred.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.